Monday, April 27, 2009

Weed Count Team


Today was a full morning of weed counting in Cassava and Sweet Potatoes. There are 5 students here from a local agricultural trade school who are doing an internship for a month. As part of their learning they helped me with my research and it gave the researchers here some weed experience as well. It was a productive time and it was good to work with the students and explain what and why we are doing this work. John came along to take pictures and thanks to him we have this group photo.

Tomorrow I am helping our neighbor harvest groundnuts. It is a busy season with harvesting and I want to see what it is all about, plus they are happy to have some free labor. It is suppose to be the cool season but it seems hot in the afternoon sun. I hope that you all are doing well and enjoying spring time and planting! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment