Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nearing the mid-term mark

It is hard to believe that in about a week we will be 1/2 way through our time here in Zambia. This week has been full of sampling and lab work for John and weed counts for Ruth. We had some problems with the lab work, but are getting things sorted out. Its difficult when you don't have the infrastructure you need to fully conduct scientific research. But, you learn to make do.

Last night I came across a frog in my clothes! I let out a pretty good scream because it really surprised me! John thought something really serious had happened (like maybe there was a snake) but no, it was just the frogs again! These little creatures keep getting me. I am thankful to share our home with them though. I have recently discovered that what I suspected to be rat dropping are actually frog feces. On closer inspection they are full of dead little ant bodies. The frogs helps to keep the ant population in check- its quite the little ecosystem we have going on!

This weekend the ladies of the church are getting together and going to a kitchen party (sort of like a bridal shower I think). It should be an interesting cultural experience. Love you all much!

1 comment:

  1. You need to post a picture of your frog (Have you named him yet?) ... if you can get him to stand still for a photo! Too funny! If an occasional frog and a few ants are all you have to worry about, that's not too bad!

    ReplyDelete