Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beauty in this place

baby turkeys... sadly we have lost 50% of them.

I love the beautiful flowers up in the mountains and on the tundra! Such colors!


There is a lot of beauty in this wondrous world as my husband often reminds me. We set out this past week and discovered a small sliver of the beauty in this place. From tiny chicks and turkeys grow each day to wild flowers blooming in the most hostile of places we see grace. I love getting up into the mountains and am so thankful to be living!

We also experienced the coldest and rainiest 4th of July I can remember. We went to the 4th of July Rodeo in Brush, CO. It was my first rodeo and I am impressed with the skill of the participants. I especially enjoy bareback, barrel racing, and mutton bust'in. I found I really like the western culture for its adventurous and free spirit with a zany side.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful ... just beautiful! I especially like the purple flowers! Too bad about the little turkeys ... did they catch a virus?
    The rodeo sounds like a great way to celebrate the 4th. In Illinois, it was hot and humid ... a very typical 4th of July!
    Loving your pictures ... appreciating your sentiments and reflections! Bless you both!
    Love,
    Mom Mischler

    ReplyDelete