Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweet Summer Hikes: Green Mountain, Sky Pond, and Mt. Audubon

View on the way down from Mt. Audubon. What a lovely hike!

A marmot on Mt. Audubon, Cheeky critter!

John foot, Ruth foot. My boot fell apart on the way up the mountain... thankfully we had an ace bandage and in a pinch it held my shoe together so I didn't have to hike in my socks! The highest I have been in my life: 13,323 feet!

Sky pond in Rocky Mt. National Park

Green Mountain, rainy day hike in Boulder.

There sure is a lot of beauty to be found out in this wild world. Colorado has a fair share of it and John and I have been having fun exploring some of it together. We are preparing for our next big feat, Longs Peak.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kids!
    I see the Rockies are giving up a little of their snow cover and the ponds and lakes have returned to a liquid state again! They have morphed from one form of beauty to another ... what awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! (Now, go buy some new hiking boots for Ruth!)
    Love you!
    Mama Misch

    ReplyDelete